Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of joining the training group.
Dover Harbour is recognised as a good location to train for distance swimmers, particularly Channel swimmers, as Dover Harbour Board has designated a significant area along the shoreline for the public to use for distance swimming - see www.doverport.co.uk for details of the designated area and its supervision and regulation. Any question or concerns you may have about swimming activities in this area should be addressed to Dover Harbour Board.
Dover Harbour marathon swimming information, guidance and assistance offered generally through May to September by Emma France and friends ("the Dover Group") does not form part of a training or coaching service for swimmers. By joining this group, you understand and accept that:
1. You are 18 or over, or the parent / guardian of the named swimmer under 18.
2. any information, guidance and assistance you are offered by the Dover Group is in relation to:
a) the operation of any training activity,
b) the safety of any person training and/or taking advantage of the information/guidance/assistance ,
c) the security or condition of any belongings, or
d) any other purpose or reason connected with your swimming plans
is provided to you freely, without commitment and without acceptance of any responsibility or liability by any person associated with the Dover Group;
3. no contractual relationship subsists between you and any person associated with the Dover Group; and
4. any payment made by you is solely by way of reasonable contribution towards out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the Dover Group on your behalf and is in no way remuneration for information / guidance / assistance from the Dover Group (which you acknowledge is provided free)
5. any personal data supplied by you to the Dover Group will be used freely by the Dover Group to assist them with the provision of marathon swimming information, guidance and assistance.