Speaker: Nick Murch
This session will be of most use to soloists and their crew.
Channel swimming is an extreme sport, things can go wrong. This will help you learn the difference between those things that you can adapt your approach for on the day and continue the swim, and those signs that indicate that the swim should be terminated for the swimmer's safety.
Some things that you may want to learn more about:
- when does cold become hypothermia?
- is sickness an issue?
- what is SIPE and how can you see the signs?
- Pain relief - should you take it before pain to prevent it or only if/when you are in pain?
- Jellyfish stings - are these dangerous?
- What if you can't pee - is that an issue?
- Salt mouth - what's that all about?
I'm sure you have a million other questions!